Friday 4 October 2019

Close down time...

Last of the tomatoes
   Well I cannot say it has been a busy week in the garden. I seem to have spent most of my time zooming up and down the motorway to visit the hostpital in Limoges! Nothing serious, checkups.
   I have now picked the last of the tomatoes. A unexpected reasonable crop despite the hot weather. These as shown in the picture are the most unusual ones. Blue/black in colour and goodness knows what the variety is. I thought they were all Noire Crimee where I planted these and maybe they are but just small round ones rather than pointy ones! Oh well such is the joys of gardening. I sorted out my late sown Sanquine beetroot and transplanted some seedlings to another bed. Never know they might do something early next spring. Always worth a try. Over winter broad beans sown and my early purple sprouting has flourished with the recent rain and I am hopeful of a decent crop come next spring. Other cabbage is showing signs of recovery and with a bit of luck and mild weather I may  get something off them! 
   Nothing much going on on the chicken front other than a number of them have taken it upon themselves to get out the coop and go wander the garden!! One from the main coop has also decided that outside is better than inside. I guess it is possible that the cockeral is bothering her and she is just trying to get away from him.
   So I head into autumn and as always at this time of year plenty of tidying up to do. How much will  get down will depend on the weather. It is damp at the moment and the grass has turned from crispy brown to bright green and is growing fast. I may even have to mow!

No comments:

Post a Comment