Thursday 26 September 2019

Rain, beautiful rain..

   Well it finally arrived. Rain and it has gone cooler. Enough rain to fill the 1000 litre container I have and my five what I guess are around 500 litres each water butts. Of course, I will not need them now will I?

   Here are two photos taken before the rain river at the bottom of my field. I have not seen the Petite Cruese as low this in the nine years I have lived  here. The recent rain will help but it is not enough. Now need to get my winter onions and plant them and also sow some broad beans. Hopefully the hot weather will not return but it will stay mild for a few more weeks yet.
   In the garden I am still picking courgettes and tomatoes but both are coming to an end. I have harvested more than I thought I would from both. Oh, I managed to dig up a few very thin carrots. They provided me with a second vegetable for a couple of meals so I must be grateful. With the rain the parsnips should pick up and the remaining beetroot may still get a little bigger. Hopefully the leeks will now start to grow. I am amazed they have survived but they will continue grown even when it gets cold.
  Nothing new on the chicken front.

No comments:

Post a Comment