Monday 21 October 2019

Singing that song once more...I am singing in the rain....

   What can one say? It has been raining, a lot! Very welcome although a little heavy at times. Thunder, lightening, the lot! My neighbour's trench he had dug from the drainage ditch to his pond (bit larger than a pond but not big enough to call a lake I guess) has taken the worst of the deluge away from coming down my way. So that is a benefit.
   I have sown more broad beans and planted out garlic and Stuttgart over winter onion sets. Mind you the rain has all but buried them! I have also put a few onion sets in the poly tunnel. It will be interesting to see how they do.
   My youngest daughter and her children have been with me this last few days. Nice to see them and the eldest, Evie, was keen to pull carrots, beetroot and a leek!
   I need the rain to ease up as the grass needs cutting (again!!).
Stuttgart onion bed in the poly tunnel

No comments:

Post a Comment