Tuesday 29 October 2019

Its dark and quiet...BOO!

   What can I say? The days are short and there are lots of jobs to do and they are not  getting done. Pooh. No paparticular reason. The weather remains mild with a little dampness so I cannot even use that as an excuse. Have one for not cutting the grass though. The drive belt on my mower snapped and I am having to get a new one online. That is going to take a few days to arrive not helped by the fact that the first site I choose is closed for a vacation!! Its OCTOBER!
    In the garden the brassicas continue to recover well from the drought. Excellent early purple sprouting and winter cabbage. The summer cabbage, of course, now late, are doing their best to produce a head and a good number of them are going to succeed. Beetroot is still growing and I guess will continue until it gets really cold so there is a chance of a few more yet. No sign of the winter onions sprouting yet or the garlic. 
    Chickens continue to be chickens and are one is escaping the coup just about every day. I found her old laying spot but she is wise bird this one and I am guessing she is now laying somewhere else yet to be discovered. In the chick coop the little blighters continue to escape and I just hope they grow a bit and put on some weight so that they will be discouraged from trying to fly out of the coop. No eggs from that bunch yet!
     Happy Halloween.






No comments:

Post a Comment