Sunday 3 January 2021

Here we go once more....

   Happy New Year! So into another year. Weather here in la Creuse is cold, crisp but dry! I have been out hacking back a bush that should have been done quite a while ago and cutting back some small trees and oh yes the ever present brambles. Oh well keeps me warm and busy. My nacissi bank is showing signs of life with green shoots showing. Brussels sprouts and parsnips were picked and dug from the garden for Christmas dinner. The sprouts are being good, the parsnips less so. Win some, loose some. Not my year for parsnips.

   Time to start thinking about this seasons planting. Tomatoes are on my mind and it will not be long before the first sowing indoors need to be made. I need to plan out my plots although at least one is already designated for brassicas. I am following last years scheme in that I use the chicken bedding spread on the bed which I will fork in and add lime in the spring. Works well and I have had two good seasons using this method. I have another bed which I am experimenting with. The idea is to turn it into a no dig bed and currently I have about a third of it prepared planted with strawberries.

   My bonfire pile continues to grow. I need a few dry days before I attempt to light it checking first of course for critters. So onward into a new season and new experiences no doubt.

The sun is coming up!

Christmas table decoration 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment