Sunday 10 January 2021

Frost and its cold!

    The weather is dry, cold and frosty! There are been a springling of snow over our houses and five kilometres up the road the town has had snow although it has not hung around!

    In the garden there has been a marked reluctance to go outside in the cold! I have started to clear the rest of the bulb bank and have removed the last of the brambles and started to remove the roots. Once more I have hit the wall hidden below the ground level and I am pulling up some big stones. I think these are foundation stones and I wonder if there may have been a building in this area. Still have sprouts to pick and it will not be long before the purple sprouting is ready to pick also. Looks like I will have some swede but the leeks are a disappointment.

   Chickens are being chickens and the roosters are trying to dominate the hens and there is a distinctive three groups. Egg laying is around four a day which is fine although I would like more four is enough to be honest. Normal coop maintenance being done.

Digging up bramble roots with helpers
Clearing brambles and leylandii



No comments:

Post a Comment