Sunday 29 May 2016

One more time..."Singing in the rain, just singing in the rain..."

   After a few days of nice weather, in fact, two were quite hot, the rain has returned with a vengeance. In the space of an hour wind, rain, thunder, lightening and hail! And it continues to rain. Hey ho!
   My little feathered friends (not!) have now pretty much given up on the potatoes. I guess they are not tasty anymore. The tomato's I have thrown netting around. Ha!
   On the nice days over the last week I have managed to achieve a fair bit. Lots of forking and weeding and also getting the melon bed cleared.  I have sowed another row of carrots with the first two having germinated. I thinned out the earliest sown row. More tomato's transplanted to the outside bed making a total of some ninety seven plus sixteen in the poly tunnel, 113 to date! Probably about another fifty plants in pots not yet big enough to transplant and yet still more to transplant to pots. Yet more haricots sown. This time a yellow haricot called Minidor. The seed is a couple of years old so it may not do anything but hey if you do not try... The lettuce I had transplanted to an outside bed with plastic bottles over have now been uncovered. The last frost day has now gone.
   In the poly tunnel I have set up some netting and transplanted Chrystal Apple cucumber and of course more tomatoes to pots along with All the Year Round cauliflowers. The tomatoes in the poly tunnel are doing well with flowers already blooming. The cabbage patch looks good as does the lettuce and beetroot. Everyone has stopped eating radishes. Cannot think why! So I have stopped sowing them for now.
  The french transport strike has hit home! I cannot get any petrol in a container. What with the wet weather this means the dreaded grass is not being cut. It is going to be fun (not) when I can cut it. 
Poly tunnel cabbage patch

Cucumber Radish Lettuce (front to back)

Poly tunnel tomatoes


No comments:

Post a Comment