Monday 16 May 2016

You know that headless chicken from last week?

   Yes it continues! Headless chicken mode! As I type this it is the latest frost date and guess what! The sky is clear and the forecast is for an overnight temperature of zero degrees. If I had a hat I would be holding onto it.
   Sowing continues apace outside and inside the poly tunnel. Outside a row of Nantes 4 carrot sowed along side the already germinated Touchon carrots. I have sowed borlotti beans and continue to cover up the potatoes as best I can. Inside Green Top swede, Great Lakes lettuce, Little Gem lettuce, Precoce de Louvier cabbage, Eight Ball courgette (round ones!) and Cheltenham Green Top beetroot all sown in pots or modules. Other work done in the poly tunnel has been to transplant moss curled parsley to pots and aubergine to pots, Milfleur and Galina tomatoes have been transplanted from pots to the long poly tunnel bed. Phew! 
   Oh yes, cut the grass and its needs doing again! I continue to pull radish and cut lettuce and asparagus. I also have been forking and weeding beds. There are fifty Ethel Watkins Best tomato plants that need to be transplanted outdoors and that is a priority job! 
Volunteer tomato about to flower

Tree Onions

No comments:

Post a Comment