Friday 30 October 2015

For once what I asked for...

   In my last blog I hoped for drier weather. Well, guess what? Yes, I have had a drier week. One night of serious rain but otherwise it has been dry. That meant I could get on with the clearing work. As I worked the soil it was noticeable how dry it is despite the down pour over one night. The sun has been shinning and it has been warm during the day. Fingers crossed I may get one or two turnip/swedes! In the poly tunnel there is a cauliflower! This is much to my surprise as I usually overwinter cauliflowers and they are ready to harvest in the spring. Usually I sow All the Year Round but this year I bought some from the local market. They must have been autumn cauliflowers. Hey ho.
   So what has been happening? The days are short and I tend not to get going until late morning. This is mostly because I am trying not to over do things while I continue to recover from my illness. Tomato plants are being cleared and beds weeded. That is pretty much it. On the animal front one of the meat chickens is producing big eggs and they are double yokers. It is really time those meat chickens headed for the freezer.
   So autumn marches on into winter. The leaves on the trees are now turned to autumn colours of shades of yellow and red and are starting to seriously fall. The weather forecast though is for the weather to stay mild and no rain so I may catch up yet!

Autumn colour

The chicken must has had to really squeeze this one out!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment