Sunday 1 February 2015

Mud, glorious mud!

   What can I say? More rain and the ground is impossible! Looking back over the last week most of my time has been spent doing very little gardening. Still, got some things done like prune the climbing rose (which is climbing along a fence rather than up it), tidied up the poly tunnel a little and sowed some salad endive and red salad bowl lettuce in the the poly tunnel! The poly tunnel has been re-organised in readiness for putting up the poly tunnel fleece.
   Good news! My Sturon and Yellow Rynsburger onion seed that I have had in modules in the house has germinated. I have bought my seed potatoes and they are chitting in seed trays on the dinning room floor. Varieties this year: Desiree, Charlotte and Bintje! Bintje are a Belgium developed potato that was used (not so much today) for making frites, a favourite of the Belgians. 
  Chickens have done well in January having laid some two hundred and eighteen eggs! Yeah! Oh, we had snow showers on the 1st February.



No comments:

Post a Comment