Tuesday 17 February 2015

Is it? Is it not? Will it? Will it not?

   The weather has not really improved. I was just starting to think that I would be able to get onto the garden beds and it rained heavily again and once more there were puddles on the beds. So again I have to wait.
Ditch bank Snowdrops
   In the last week I have managed to get moving with seed sowing in the poly tunnel. Tomato seed is now sown, varieties Galina, Coeur de Bouef, Champeau Giant, Ethel Watkins Best, Gardeners Delight, Millefleur and placed into the poly tunnel fleece cloche along with leeks and two varities of Aubergine. Most of the seed was gathered from my own tomatoes so it will be interesting to see how they do. Along with these I have sown celery and celeriac but I have those in the house to germinate.
   There was as least one day over the last week which was a beautiful sunny day and it gave a hint of the spring to come. The crocuses and snow drops were open and our bees were active so the air temperature must have been over 10C. They were busy collecting pollen from the crocuses and snow drops. I took advantage of this lovely day and tidied up one of my perennial borders. Well, i redefined the edges and pulled/dug up some grass tuffs.
Crocuses in flower

No comments:

Post a Comment