Tuesday 10 February 2015

Distinct lack of activity

   I took a look at my garden log for the past week. What do I see? Mostly blank entries. Just shows what the weather is like. Cold, windy, wet and hard frosts. I have been itching to sow more seeds but this year I am hanging on until at least the middle of February for tomatoes, celery and celeriac. One bright spot. My seed potatoes are showing signs of growth and the onion seed is thriving!
   So, what has been done this week? Just a little bit of pruning and the setting up of the poly tunnel fleece cloche and "beep" all else! The weather is looking promising with the 9th and 10th February being sunny and cloud free. Unfortunately I had to move a cord of wood into the wood store today (Tuesday, 10th February) and that has sapped a lot of my motivation to do anything else! Shame on me!
  Without anything much to write about I took the opportunity to look back at the blog that covered this time last year. Guess what? Yes, it had been raining and the ground was saturated. Seems to me that the ground has been like that for months! I had seed potatoes chitting, tomatoes, lettuce, celeriac and cauliflower all germinated. No, I will not change my mind and I am going wait a few more days.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment