Sunday 25 October 2020

Almost but not quite

   Yes! I have managed to clear the tomatoes and pepare and sow half a bed of broad beans (variety De Seville a longue cosse). The plan is to sow the other half of the bed probably in the middle of November the idea being to get some sort of succession come the spring. All the best laid plans of mice and men come to mind.

Broad bean bed
    A local english friend has given me some Elephant garlic and I have planted the bulbs. I have not yet been able to source my usual garlic, Violet, yet but there is still plenty of time. 

  With a little sadness but not before time I have cut down my lavander plants with a mind to remove them. They were well past their best and the oringinal purpose of planting them has now gone. So, another veg bed? Umm! Do I have ago at growing sweet peppers again? Maybe.

On the weather front there has been a frost! First one in my patch of the woods and that did for the tomatoes. Shame really as a few more days would have seen a lot of tomatoes getting to the point where I could have put them in brown paper bags to ripen. 

  On the chicken front nothing new. Coops cleaned out and the removed bedding added to that already spread on what will be next years brassica bed.

   Suddenly the trees have turned golden. I guess that was the frost that finally convinced the trees autumn had arrived. They are a very pretty site.

No comments:

Post a Comment