Sunday 18 October 2020

All the signs

    Well all the signs that autumn is firmly here in la Creuse are now showing. Mushrooms in the field, the Grue (common crane) are flying over on their way to their winter migration sites, leaves falling, shorter days.
   In the garden not much has been achieved. Seems to be the usual statement over the last few weeks. Drizzle and short, on the cold side, days do not make one feel like getting into the garden. Oh yes there is lots to do. The weather forecast for the coming week is very promising and I have in mind (I do not say tplanned!) to sow broad beans and plant garlic. Watch out for next weeks report!! The last summer cabbage has been cut and I managed to pick a few more tomatoes and pull some carrots. The tomatoes are now all but done and I do not think I will get anymore ripe ones although I will leave them for another week as the weather is going to be sunny and warm.





No comments:

Post a Comment