Friday 27 March 2020

Cracking on!

Poly tunnel cloche
   Its that time of year again! The poly tunnel fleece cloche has been set up. This year something different. I have used three pallets for the sides and covered those in horticultral fleece. A little more robust than the ones constructed out of hoops, string and clothes pegs! It is time to move the tomato seedlings from the house porch to the poly tunnel fleece clouche.
  Weather wise it has been a cracking week. Early morning frost and then sunshine most of the day. Of course the days are getting longer. Here in France the clocks "spring" forward on the 28th March 2020 so the eveings will be longer the morning a little darker! 
  Early (Dolween, a Brittany variety), second earlies, (Agata, a dutch variety), and main crop (Desiree, a firm favourite of mine) potatoes all planted. Beetroot seedlings transplanted in the poly tunnel and Mamouth leaf basil sown as an experiment directly into the soil in the poly tunnel. The french equivilent of White Lisbon spring onions have been  sowned outside and I have managed to find a space to put the rest of my Sturon onion sets. More weeding and of course grass cutting done. With my grand children being with me I have mowed pathways in my large field which my youngest grandson, Toby, thinks is just the bees knees and runs around the large field full of the joys of spring.
   The chickens are being chickens still laying well. 
Variety AGATA potato being planted 

First broad bean to be spotted

No comments:

Post a Comment