Thursday 14 November 2019

More rain and its turning nippy!

   Well it is the middle of November after all. Below zero temperatures forecast for the week end which if I am honest with myself is pretty normal for la Creuse at this time of year. There is a hint of snow and ice in the forecast but if it does then I do not think it will last.
   I have actually had a productive week in the garden. A couple of outside beds forked and weeded. The soil is a little on the heavy side but still workable but I am getting on with it.  I have cut another "summer" cabbage. It was a useful size for one person and will do me a couple of meals and that will actually mean a half plateful of cabbage for each meal. There has been a little wind and my early purple sprouting having managed to survive the heat of the summer and growing a little tall were blown over. I have had to tie each plant to a tomato stake. They should straighten themselves up.
Tied up early purple sprouting
   On the chicken front the "chick" flock have now moved into a new phase. Well one or two have. The coq is now showing more than an interest in them so maybe some eggs soon? He is also crowing. All the chickens are enjoying being in the garden and there are happy hens bobbing up and down finding bugs and worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment