Thursday 21 November 2019

FROST!

   Well there has been a couple of days of frost this week. I am not surprised it is about the right time of November for frosts to start in my neck of the woods. These two days have been proper frosts, icy and wide spread. Broad beans hit but they will survive. Very tough plants broad beans.

Serious frost
   My bushwhacker has been fixed! New belt put on and off I went and cut the grass. Not before time! Nothing done on the actual veggie beds, too wet and the days too short to be honest!
   On the chicken front the new chick flock has started to lay. Found four eggs but unfortunately  no idea how old. I will now be keeping a daily eye open. Of course whichever hen it was and I have a good idea which one it is, did not lay where she should have! 
   It is about time to start planning next years seed sowing and I think I will be looking to get fresh tomato seed for starters.

No comments:

Post a Comment