Friday 5 July 2019

CATCH UP PART 2 16th June to 30th June 2019

   Ok so here is the second half of the catch up blog!

   
Violet purple potatoes

 I have include some pictures in this half of the catch up. During this time more picking of broad beans, digging up ANOE new potatoes, pulling lettuce, picking mange tout and cut cabbage. Lots of very yummy vegetables to eat.
  More grass mowing, more weeding (it never ends!) and the clearing of the broad beans plants.
   My tomato's grown from seed have been very poor this year so when there was an offer of some free plants off I went and fetched them. Now I have a reasonable number of tomatoes growing in the outside garden with only three surviving in the poly
Touchon carrots
poly tunnel. Something is very bad in the poly tunnel this year. I have lost my cucumbers to aphids and most of my tomatoes. Lettuce has done well mind you! 
  The garlic has now been dug up, dried and is ready for storage. A reasonable crop and certainly as much as I could want. Winter leeks were bought and planted out to join the increasing variety of winter vegetables (swede, early purple sprouting, cauliflower). Soon need to buy Savoy type cabbage to join to them.  
  The courgettes have been a struggle. Two out of three plants died and I had to replace three plants by sowing seeds. 
Melons

Two out of three germinated so in the end I will have more than enough. Another row of beetroot have been thinned and the thinnings transplanted.
  Of course, more grass mowing , this time in the paddocks!
  Well that brings me up to the 30th June 2019 and I will now make an effort to get back to a weekly schedule after the disaster of my technology. Lots to do in the garden, as always and plenty of cold beer in the spare fridge!


Drying garlic

ANOE new potatoes

L-R Carrots beetroot carrots parsnips

No comments:

Post a Comment