Tuesday 22 September 2015

Nothing done!

   It has been a bad week. I have gone down with bronchitis and it has knocked me for six! As I write this I am getting better but energy levels are low. Of course, sod's law dictates! The weather has been good enough to get things done over the last week and now that I feel that I can get on with something it rains! The rain is welcome but it is so frustrating! Looking at my gardening log over the last week there is only one entry for the 21/9/15 - Picked tomatoes and peas. 
   What is going on then? In the poly tunnel most things are now gone over and there is a few autumn/early winter crops growing quite well. I have missed out due to being sick! In the outside garden the leeks and winter cabbage are well established and growing well. I managed to get them in before falling ill. What is left of the celeriac looks good and the pumpkins are fantastic. The french beans are coming to an end. Who knows if they will do anything but there are some carrots. Might get a few small ones, you never know! The tomatoes are entering their final stages but as long as it stays mild I ought to get a few more. Chilli's are looking good and many are going red. What do you do with lots of chilli's! Lol! Aubergines have done well. So far I have managed to crop (poly tunnel included) some thirty one kilos of mixed variety tomatoes. It could have been so much more. The apple crop is looking good. Certainly there are plenty of wind falls. Hopefully I will be able to get some picked before they all fall off.
   It will be a few more days before I am back in the saddle properly. I have lost some three weeks at least and it will be hard to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment