Sunday 15 August 2021

I say POMMES DE TERRE you say POTATOES

    The final figure for the weight of DESIREE potatoes lifted from my large triangle bed came to around fifty four kilos. Makes up a little for the virtual total loss of the tomato crop. All onions have now also been lifted and are drying. A reasonable crop but not what I have been used to over the last few years. I have transplanted Great Lakes lettuce and I expect that to be the last for this season.  More weeding done and of course grass cut! It looks like I am going to get some cucumbers of which I am very pleased, however, the melons, water and 5 dessert do not look too good. Haricot vert continue to crop well and are surely coming to an end! Lettuce is good and I have pulled (well my grandson pulled) some very good sized carrots. In the poly tunnel I have pulled some self seeded beetroot and they are enormous! Borscht anyone?

Desiree potatoes from the large triangle plot


   On the chicken front I have to report the loss of one hen who has been hanging in there for a while now. Otherwise egg production is 2.5 eggs on average per day.



No comments:

Post a Comment