Sunday 14 February 2021

Its freezing!

   The weather has once again been dominating the week. It has been very cold and most mornings there has been a frost. Several days of frost is probably not a bad thing as it will kill off the bugs I do not like! I have been feeding the birds and they really like sunflower seeds. 

   So what have I managed to do? Not a lot but I have managed to do some more work on the bulb bank. The piles of stones on top of the bank have now been moved and added to the path at the bottom. A little more done on the rest of the bank and yes yet more stones some quite big! I speculate that there was some sort of enclosure probably for animals on this patch of ground a very long time ago as there was a very large conifer growing over one part of the wall that I had cut down. Looking ahead to the next few days the weather is warmer, a lot warmer, and dry. This is going to be my opportunity to plant the onion sets and shallots I think!

   Chickens are being chickens with egg productin remaining at an average of four a day.


Clearing the other half of the bulb bank

My helper


No comments:

Post a Comment