Sunday 28 February 2021

Its done!

   It has been a busy week. The weather has been good with early frosts most days but once that sun comes over the ridge it is very pleasant indeed.

  So with the nice weather l have taken the opportunity to pretty much finish my bulb bank. In fact I did not have much choice as my grand children bought me boxes of bulbs for Christmas that to have any chance of surviving needed to go in. Believe you me a few beers were consummed over the time of clearing, preparing and planting this area! The most important tool I had once the brambles were removed was a mattock. Used for digging up stones and believe me there were lots of those, breaking up soil and chopping through tree roots it is ideal. I am now eargerly awaiting to see what the bulbs I planted earlier will look like when they flower.

  What else? Well I decided to risk sowing some peas after my youngest grandson asked me if I was going to grown peas. He likes picking and eating peas! I put up some pea netting and sowed a row. I also transplanted a number of Sanquine beetroot plants from the polly tunnel to an outside bed again hoping they will survive any frosts. They should. They are pretty tough!

  Chickens are being chickens with nothing unusual to say about them.

The start 21st November 2020

After clearing and planting 27th February 2021

The Mattock the tool of choice


No comments:

Post a Comment