Sunday 8 November 2020

BED RECOVERY

       For some time I have been considering digging up my lavender bed. The bushes are old and unkempt to be kind to them. They have served their purpose in proving lavender for my son in laws business (now defunct) and are just taking up space and looking very untidy. So I have set too and recovered the bed. My plan is to plant sweet peppers in it next year. At the moment there are some late sowing Touchen carrots at one end but they will be gone soon. As always I have a two legged feathered helper....

Top end of old lavender bed
Bottom end of old lavender bed



















   I have discovered a few onions that were missed when I harvested them and have put up some good growth. I have moved those and added to the new onion bed some separated Egyptian (walking) onions. My intention is to do away with the old Egyptian onion bed as it has been in situ for a number of years and the adult plants are in need of being split up. All these onions should be ok over the winter but hey nothing ventured nothing gained. A couple of lettuce pulled this week. There are a few left and to be honest they need to be eaten!
  Chickens are being chickens and the newbies on the block, a couple of Brahma crosses, have started to lay. Still only two or three eggs a day but that is enough for us for now.
Blue gray eggs are the new Brahma cross hen eggs


No comments:

Post a Comment