Sunday 29 November 2020

And the result is.....

 The last week has been spent getting the bulb bank bed prepared and bulbs planted. Yes, the bulbs arrived on the 24th November! I marked out the bed and set to! At the end of planting the three hundred and fifty bulbs (Dutchmaster,bottom left, Fortune, bottom right and mixed spicies narcissi) I was left with a big pile of stones of various sizes and no edge to the bottom of my bulb bank bed. I decided to raise a one stone wall and created a broken stone path at the bottom (see photo). The allowed me to edge the bulb bank bed and give me another foot width along the bottom of the bank to put bulbs in that I had dug up while clearing the space.(see photo). So, it is now pretty much done. Some tidying up to do and what the heck do I do with a pile of stones? Oh, I did do a bit of vegetable gardening. In my poly tunnel I have been transplanting Sanquine beetroot plants. I am hoping that the seedlings will be ok for next spring.



Path taking shape

Stone pile shrinks a litte...


No comments:

Post a Comment