Friday 17 July 2020

Sun, sun and a little rain


Giant Pacific pumpking 130720
      The week has started well. Sun is shinning and its not too hot. Looks like a little rain to come mid week. The Giant Pacific pumpking is swelling up nicely and I will publish regular updates on its progress. Last measurement made it 25cm long and 25cm diameter (bigger that the picture!). I am expecting to see ripe tomatoes any day now. There does not seem to be many at this point in time but they are mostly heritage varities and home gathered seed too.
     Mowing grass is now too much fun! The ride on is saving me time and energy. Makes me wonder why I did not buy one before now.
   I am starting to harvest the over winter onions. I guess they are about three to four weeks earlier than the spring sown ones but i am not so sure that it is really worth while doing again. Started to gather parsnip and moss curled parsely seed.The beetroot is not yet in flower but is close. Started to dig up variety DOWLEEN potatoes (a spud from Brittany) and they do have a distinctive taste compared to the AGATA variety.
Row of tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment