Monday 13 April 2020

Despite all

   The sun continues to shine! Despite CV-19 work continues in the garden. Much has germinated in the poly tunnel. I pleased that I have cabbage and basil growing. Both are quite often problematic to grow from seed although they should not be. The tomatoes are probably not a good as I would like but there are plenty of plants growing so I am hopeful that I will have enough although not of the variety I would have liked. I have been picking the purple sprouting and freezing it with the hope that I can extend the period of harvesting. So far so good! I have finally got round to weeding my Egyptian (walking onions) bed. Must have been over a year since they were done last. More of the usual taska...mowing grass and cleaning out chickens who continue to lay well and I am becoming overwhelmed with eggs. Better too many than not enough I guess! 
   Easter is here and our annual easter egg hunt has been conducted by the grand children. Some strange sites around the garden.....
Shallot with strange growth!

Dried herbs
                                                           
Egyptian onion bed after weeding
Sturon onion patch

No comments:

Post a Comment