Monday 16 December 2019

Cluck! Cluck! Cluck!

   Well I got a tree and its up and decorated.
  This years chicks are really coming into lay. I am now getting up to five eggs a day from them and they are coloured white, blue, light brown and dark brown.
    I am still  getting produce from the garden. Cabbage, few small carrots, parsnips, leeks and various herbs. Be nice if the chickens left the beetroot alone but those leaves will recover eventually. Broad beans are standing the weather well but their testing time is yet to come. A little more weeding but the ground is really saturated and I really need to avoid stepping on it. I have straightened up edges of beds taking advantage of the soil being diggable! The chickens love me when I do this. Lots of worms get turned over and they dice with being speared or chopped by fork or spade!
  The weather remains wet and mild. There was one morning of frost this last week but so far it has been a mild winter. Trying to get out there and fork/weed what I can. The coldest part will be in January to March no doubt.

   Not gardening but it is interesting. A grey partridge came to visit as per the photograph above.


No comments:

Post a Comment