Friday 4 May 2018

Onwards and upwards

    What a week for weather! 29/4 we had thunder and very heavy rain. Today, 04/05 it is clear and sunny. In between it went on the cool side but is now warming up again. Hopefully we are now out of the cold weather and can look forward to warmer days, however, last frost date is the 15th May!
   So despite the weather I have prepared a bed and transplanted Evesham Special Brussels sprouts. I was not going to grown sprouts this season but I had the seed and they were given to me by my youngest grand daughter so I could not really not. They are looking ok and have got over being transplanted. Lots of weeding done. Small bed prepared for the courgettes and the parsnips thinned out and blank spaces filled with those removed. Did some concentrated work on the herb beds and now they look a little tidier! More tomatoes transplanted to pots. There are now over one hundred plants. Not the mix I would have really liked but hey these grew! Thyme transplanted to pots and am currently pulling lettuce on a regular basis. There are still a  good number to go and hopefully the next lot with enable me to carry on pulling lettuce into the summer.
   On the animal front we have succeeded in finding homes for a good number of of Ouessant sheep. Our numbers will now drop to a sensible size for the ground we have. We still need to get rid of some more rams and hopefully not to the abattoir.

Egyptian tree onions

One herb bed

No comments:

Post a Comment