Thursday 1 June 2017

Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!

   Oh boy! So much to do, so little time to do it in. I am off to see the Lions play in New Zealand in nineteen days time and I need to leave the vegetable garden in a reasonable state otherwise it will be just one mass of weeds! So, I have to get on top of the weeding and stay on top until I depart!
Beetroot

Tomato set in the poly tunnel
   Vegetable spaghetti. Tried to grown it in the UK a number of years ago without success. As I was given the seed by my youngest grand daughter I thought it was beholding on me to try again! Seed sown, germinated and three leaves all within a week. Scary. "5 Dessert " melons sown to pots and they are up also. Wautoma cucumber transplanted to an outside the poly tunnel bed. These are an American style cucumber which does well outside. "8 ball" courgette transplanted and are well now well established. They are a round variety. The remaining Nigel's Outdoor green chili and Basque chili plants have been transplanted outside the poly tunnel. I bought some polish seeds, yes polish, and discovered that they were a type of chive. I have also sown more lettuce, butternut squash Sank Martyn pumpkin and Justnyka pumpkin directly outside. Transplanted Blacktail Mountain water melon to my prepared melon bed. More carrots, more spring onions and haricot buerre sown! Its go, go, go. Grass cut, tomatoes tied up. In the poly tunnel Marketmore cucumbers have been transplanted to a bed. Of course grass has been cut and weed weed weed!
    On the animal front we have finally got around to starting to shear the sheep. Always fun and games. Mrs Chick continues to sit on her eggs and fingers crossed we may get some chicks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment