Friday 1 April 2016

Quiet before the next rush?

   I opened up this page of this week blog, opened up my gardening log gazed down the entries for the last week and saw...hardly a thing! So I took myself off to look at my weather log. Yes, some rain, some wind, some showers but not a lot done! I notice weeding on one day. Yes that was a large bed I weeded and it took the better part of a day to do. I notice also that I put my guttering back together after the gale we had. Not gardening though. So what did I do in the garden beside weeding? Pulled radish from the poly tunnel (they are now coming in nicely, including my follow on sowing), cut purple sprouting, pulled turnip swede and sowed another row of radish in the poly tunnel. Not a lot really. Umm. Oh, the tree onions are now growing rapidly as are the shallots and onions.
   On the animal front no lambs yet. Hopefully there will not be any! The female duck is now laying one egg a day and the chickens are getting back to form laying on average six eggs a day. Still not as good as it should be what with some thirteen hens. That is a another job to do. Sort out who is laying and who is not!
   So there you are. A short entry indeed.
First duck egg

No comments:

Post a Comment