Friday 22 January 2016

Thoughts of spring

   January is moving along and before you know it it will onion and shallot set planting time along with the purchase of seed potatoes.
Snow fall
   I look at the cherry trees and see that the flower buds are starting to swell. I guess it is not many weeks until the cherry trees flower and then it will be getting warmer and that means only one thing. The grass will grow.
  It actually snowed over this last week. A proper snow shower which did not last long. As you see below I have been spending time in the kitchen baking. Chocolate fairy cakes with pink butter icing. My wife used to make them for my daughters.
Nothing to do with gardening but they were nice!
  Looking at the garden log over the last week what has been done? Not a lot. Moved three rams to another paddock to relieve the grass and try to stop the head butting warfare that has been going on between the senior rams. I wondered if getting nothing done in January was unique and so I looked back to the log entry of  January 2015 and hey, lots of blank entries. So, I can stop feeling guilty at not doing anything much and just relax and wait. There will soon be more than enough to do. Need to enjoy my youngest grandchild, Evie, a little more methinks!
   I have bought some more seeds. My rhubarb has been poor for two years now. So I have bought some rhubarb seeds. Should be interesting to grow rhubarb from seeds rather than splitting a crown.
  So even though I have more blank entries than filled ones in my garden log I have still managed to babble on! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment