Tuesday 2 June 2015

The sun has got his hat on...

   What can I say? The weather has turned delightful. Lots of sunshine. Now I can complain about the ground being too dry rather than too wet! Good grief!
   Taking advantage of the good weather I have transplanted celery and celeriac from pots to an out side bed. I now need to remember to keep watering them. Also Nigel's Outdoor Green 
Celery
Chili has been transplanted outside. It will be interesting to see how these do outside this year. Last year I only planted some in the poly tunnel with great success. Tomato's inside the poly tunnel are growing well. I have a couple of tomato's already set. They are the size of a pin head! Those planted outside are now showing signs of starting to grow with flowers appearing. Courgettes, pumpkins, squash and outdoor cucumbers have also been transplanted outside along with Great Lakes lettuce. Wautoma cucumbers have been transplanted in the poly tunnel and a heath robinson framework (rustic) constructed for them to climb up. Cucamelons have also been transplanted outside the poly tunnel and I put a couple inside the poly tunnel to see how they do.
   More forking and weeding has been done and there are still sweet peppers to transplant outside the poly tunnel . I have more tomatoes to go out, about 20. A new herb for me, Pipiche, Mexican coriander has been sown in a half seed tray. This herb is for the poly tunnel. It will be interesting to see grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment