Sunday 27 February 2022

Visit to the BRICO!

     Preparation for planting continues. A trip to the BRICO (large shop that sells a range of hardware, building materials etc and gardening stuff) to buy my favourite shallots, RED SUN, and favourite onion sets, STURON. Seed potatoes bought (Desiree, Alouette and Agata (later two new ones for me) and set up for chitting. Some garden lime for the brassica bed and some general fertilizer for the poly tunnel.

2022 seed potatoes chitting
      I decided to thin out and transplant thirty five self seeded parsnip seedlings. I do not think I will be sowing seed this year and fingers crossed the seedlings do something. More forking and weeding done and thoughts turn to sowing Touchon carrots next week. 

    Last years sown carrots are still being pulled and I guess they will be ok for a few more weeks yet. They are showing signs of growing. 

    Chickens are being chickens with an average of 7 per day this last week. The best of the year so far daily total has been exceeded with a total of nine eggs laid one day last week. 

    With the ground being a little on the damp side my attention has moved to weeding the cobbles outside the front of my house before the ground gets too dry and it would be impossible to weed between them. With the improved weather forecast for next week my attention will once more turn back to the vegetable garden. Onion sets and shallots to sow!

No comments:

Post a Comment