Sunday 14 November 2021

FROST! Brrr...

    Another week of no eggs! That is now four weeks without a single egg being laid. I do not think we have ever gone this long without them laying. Oh well they will come good eventually.

     As per title there have been frosts this week although the day temperatures have not been bad. A little rain but nothing serious. This time of year is clearing up time. Last of the chilli's and tomatoes removed from the poly tunnel. The leeks have been weeded which was if I am honest with myself was over due. Some leaves mowed up (easier than raking!) and off course grass cut! Will that job ever end I wonder? I have started to lift the last of the BF-15 potatoes but comparing with what I have already lifted form this area I reckon there is still some twelve plus kilograms to lift. Broad beans are up and there is the odd garlic poking its head above the soil too. It is time to start thinking of next years sowing and planting.

   So on with tidying up as and when the weather allows and of course my enthusiasm for doing it!

Sprouting broad beans



Dried haricot vert for making baked beans

No comments:

Post a Comment