Sunday 18 July 2021

Rain drops keepfalling on my head!

   The weather continues to be damp even wet and cool. Looking back over the week on my log there are several blank entries and other days will little done in the garden. The last of the ANOE potatoes have been dug up. A good crop overall (18.5kg to buy 53 euros). Now onto the BF-15! I finally got round to pruning the grape vine and probably just in time to be honest. More haricot vert sowed and I have bought some haricto buerre seed as the season for those extends into September. Worth a go. Tied up tomatoes in the poly tunnel. I also went out, during a dry spell, into the main field and pulled up as much ragwort as I could find. The grass has still not been cut and bailed yet but I am hopeful that it will get done this following week. The weather is looking very good. I decided that I had to mow the grass which I did one late afternoon. To be honest it was a little to wet but I was going to take the opportunity!  More strawberries picked and the first ripe tomato picked from the poly tunnel. Hopefully more to come inside and outside the poly tunnel. Everything looking very green and growing well.

    The chickens are being chickens and the chicks have now got proper wing feathers and can be seen flapping away exercising their wings. Slight drop in the number of eggs per day, 2.6.

First Burpee tomato

The different Champeau chicken eggs


No comments:

Post a Comment