Sunday 30 May 2021

Weather turns

    Seems all I do at the moment is talk about the weather. Sorry here we go again. The weather has turned sunny and warm. Delightful. About time. The garden is loving it. The soil is damp and warm and the sun is shinning. Ideal for growth, however, the downside is the grass and the ever present weeds. So, more grass cutting running around on my ride on and unfortunately having to use the push petrol mower to get to those bits I cannot reach with the ride on. Hey ho! Courgettes (round and straight) have been transplanted to an outside the poly tunnel bed, more 18Jour radish sown, Sanquine beetroot sown in modules, very small chilli plants transplanted to pots and spaghetti squash (just for a laugh) sown in modules. I have continued to take the side shoots off the Burpee tomato plant which is growing well in the poly tunnel and plant them in modules with the hope of getting more plants. The brassicas are doing well and the pointy cabbage is starting to firm up. The potatoes look good. Black fly continue to infest the broad beans but I am hopeful for a reasonable crop. A good number of my early sown beetroot has gone to seed as have the transplanted parsnip seedlings. Fortunately where I sowed parsnip seed a reasonable number have germinated much to my delight. 

   Chickens are being chickens and an average of 5.43 eggs being laid daily. A slight drop but still more eggs than we can eat!

Ripening strawberries

Egyptian walking onions



No comments:

Post a Comment