Sunday 28 March 2021

Did'nt happen!

   Ok I failed to sow seeds in the poly tunnel last week. The weather has been cool but good for forking and weeding so I took the opportunity to do just that! Following up that work I planted my first early potatoes (Anoe) and second early potatoes (BF-15 - strange name but they are a combination of Belle de Fontenay and Flava the idea I believe is to improve the yield). First lot of peas are showing and I have resown where there are gaps. Of course grass was mowed and I took the opportunity of mowing one of the paddocks. My large Huglekultur bed has been forked and weeded and the last pile of dried brambles etc from number 5 has been disposed of. I do need to get on now with sowing other seeds!

   Chickens are being chickens and being a menace with the newly forked ground! Average of over five eggs a day this week which is a bit more how it should be. A little warmer and longer day light I think has with out doubt encouraged them.

   A bit of field maintenance which I should have done a long time ago really. Two holes (old duck pond and a watering hole) filled in. Should make mowing on the ride on a little easier!!


 

The LONG bed (x6 beds plus Huglekultur)

Rapidly growing rhubarb

Planting ANOE 1st early potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment