Sunday 21 June 2020

Rain and sun, sun and rain

       The weather continues to be "grand growing weather". Its warm and wet and the vegies are loving it. There are pumpkins on the Giant Pacific pumpking plants and squash on some of the squas plants. Continue to dig up AGATA potatoes and the colorado beetle are becoming more prevalent despite lots of squishing of beetles and larvae. Fortunately the potatoes are pretty much done with growing but still it would be nice to give them a little longer. Courgette have started to appear. This variety which is a bush type I have never grown before. It will be interesting to see how "bush" courgettes work out compared to the usual ones. I have also sown a couple of "round" courgette seeds to see it I can get some to produce some round courgettes.
  More of the general maintenance done. Weeding, tomato shoot removal, tomato tying up, cleaned out the chickens, weeding the front drive, mowing the grass, pruning the grape vine etc. My last Black Mountain water melon has been transplanted in the poly tunnel. Never grown one on in the poly tunnel before. It will be interesting to see how it does compared to the ones outside the poly tunnel. More Great Lakes lettuce transplanted. These have been put between my rows of cucumbers. Now if I can keep the chickens off....

Two courgettes on my bush courgette
 

No comments:

Post a Comment