Sunday 31 May 2020

The sun continues to shine

Tomatoes!
    Yep the sun continues to shine and the temperatures hover in the mid twentys (centigrade). Phew! And its only May!
   I planted out a few more tomatoes and thought to myself "How many have I planted out now?" So I counted them up and I have planted out ninety nine plants. Man! I need to find a space for at least one more somewhere and I did. In fact another twelve!!
   More forking and weeding (never ends if the truth be told) done. Four more cucumbers planted out this time variety Marketmore and I also have sown four more Marketmore seeds in pots, the idea being, to get a longer cucumber season. Had to do some resowing. One Waltham butternut squash seed which had failed to germinate and a good few sweet corn seeds that had also failed to germinate. Lost a couple of lettuce to heat so they too were replaced. Poor germination in my Hope cabbage so they also have bee resown. I have started to transplant the Mammouth leaf basil plants. I have had a colorado beetle free day and I am hoping it is going to stay that way.
   The cherry trees have been a disappoinment this year. Many have split and of course the birds have had their share. 
   Sheep are being sheep and chickens are being chickens. Still laying five or six a day. 
By the next blog I should have some news of the hatching of the second batch of eggs.
Chick hitches a ride on mum...



No comments:

Post a Comment