Tuesday 19 March 2019

Need the rain to stop

   Ok has the weather improved? Barely, however, I sit here looking out of the window and what do I see? SUNSHINE! Forecast is good over the next few days so here is hoping to getting most of the spuds in! Unfortunately I pulled a back muscle but it is on the mend.
   I have transplanted Great Lakes lettuce to individual modules as I have with Bedfordshire Champion onions. The tomatoes are starting to show and I expect a flood of newly germinated tomato seedlings in the next few days! First lot of Batavia Blonde lettuce plants bought from the local market (Aigurande) and transplanted into a poly tunnel bed. I looked to see when I did this last year and I was within a day! Ha! Radish in the poly tunnel thinned out and some winter savoy type cabbage sown into modules. No sign of my summer cabbage germinating yet. 
   The sheep are acting like spring lambs. They are running about, prancing and head butting each other. The chick is still with us and Mrs Buffy is being an attentive mum. The chickens are doing just fine.
   Right I need to get on! Hi Ho Silver! 

Egyptian walking onions 

Foreground broad beans background garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment