Saturday 9 February 2019

The sun is shinning the ground is WET!

   Well almost another two weeks has passed and nothing much done in the garden. The ground is still very wet but is improving. I have rescued my early purple sprouting from the chickens but I fear it may be too late. Still no seed potatoes in the shops despite people in other areas saying that they have theirs. Hopefully end of next week will see them in my local shops.
   The chickens have  take a liking to my broad beans! Honestly I do wonder sometimes as to whether or not it is worth having the chickens. Talking of chickens Mrs. Buffy (a Buff Orphington hen) has gone broody!  Stupid bird. Anyway we were planning to incubate the seven Ixworth eggs I had so they will be incubated naturally! It will be interesting to see how many hatch if any.
   Looking forward to getting on with sowing tomatoes and maybe some other stuff in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment