Friday 7 December 2018

All quiet....

   I have twice sat down to write this blog. Twice I have now looked at my gardening log and all I see is virtually blank entries! Weather, short days, other things to do have ganged up on me to stop me from getting out there and pressing on with stuff that really needs to be done as soon as possible. Hey ho! Now Christmas will get in the way! So, what is in the log? Cleaned out the chicken coops and cleared some brambles (not many I might add!!).
   I did notice on my trip to feed the sheep and Ixworth chickens that some of the garlic has sprouted and also some of the over winter onions. Just shows how mild it is. Also it has been damp, by that I mean showery weather and mild. The forecast is for that to change next week. The last of the apples are falling and that is another job on the list! Clear up the apples. Even the chickens have decided that there are just too many to eat!
   Well is is hoping to some dry but probably cold days and maybe, just maybe, I can get off my bum and move away from my nice warm comfortable home and get some jobs done outside!
Golden Apples. The leaves have fallen.

Red Apples. The leaves have fallen.


No comments:

Post a Comment