Tuesday 13 February 2018

Where did that time go?

   Well I do not know! My last blog posting was on the 2nd February and here we are at the 13th February (shrove Tuesday in the UK). So where did those eleven days go? 
   The weather has been mixed. Cold, ice, snow, rain, sun. Had the lot! On the animal front one group of rams has been moved from one paddock to another. Grass is getting short now. Four of last years lamb rams have been moved to my back  garden and they are doing a great job of getting the grass down. Usual maintenance done, that is, cleaning out coops!
   For a laugh and because I remember doing it as a child I sowed some cress on a piece of damp kitchen roll on a plate and hey presto up it came. Looking forward to egg and cress samwiches. Not a lot done in the garden generally other than dig up leeks and parsnips, pulled carrots, cut cabbage and oh yes I took down an overgrown small fir tree and removed the stump. That was a bit of an effort but now I have a good view over the front garden, not mind you that is much of a view!
   I am now looking out for a reasonable day to sow the onions and shallots and parsnips. In the mean time I have a bon fire to light and to give some thought to sowing tomatoes! Few more days maybe? Umm.

Now you see it!

Now you don't!

The removed stump

No comments:

Post a Comment