Monday 22 January 2018

All together now....rain drops keep falling on my head..

   What can I say? This will be a short blog as really nothing much has been done. Some thinking about sowing what and where and oh my seed order from Real Seeds has arrived. This week the ground has gone from workable to liquid mud. I have managed to get some forking and weeding done before the rain came but now the ground is impossible again. I have removed two barrow loads of liquid mud from my front drive. It is the disadvantage of being at the end of the road. If the ditches have not been cleared I get the washed down mud in my drive. Fortunately the ditches had been cleared for this last lot of rain but its a continuous battle considering my drive is not metalled or gravelled very well.
   Continue to pull carrots, swede and parsnips. The last of the savoy type cabbage went to feed the rams. They enjoyed them. Not many carrots left. A few white cabbage, small, but still big enough to eat. Plenty of leeks still. Note to self. Eat leeks.
   Spring is around the corner. If this mild weather continues I reckon spring in my neck of the woods will be about a month early. Crocus's are in flower as are snowdrops with daffodils in sheltered places already showing buds. 18Jour (18Day) radish sown in the poly tunnel on the 7th January have germinated. 
   Withing the next couple of weeks I will have to go and purchase my seed potatoes, onions and shallots. I am hoping soon for a few dry days so that I can sow some parsnip, hopefully at the beginning of February.
    So as the rhyme says
Rain, rain go away
Come again another day.
Rain, rain go awayLittle Rodger wants to play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment