Sunday 6 December 2015

Little done, little to say...

Sunrise over Champeau 061215
      The weather has been reasonable this past week. Mild, cloudy and the odd bit of sunshine. Ideal you would have thought to be getting on with tidying up the garden. Oh no fate had other things in store for me this week. So little gardening done, in fact really virtually no gardening done. 
     The sewerage from my house is dealt with by what the french call a fosse septique (septic tank) and the "grey" water, that is water from the sinks, washing machine, showers and bath is fed into a reed bed. Unusual. Normally it is fed into a sand filter bed. Well, luck would have it that the pipe leading from the water trap to the reed bed got clogged up and grey water became backed up. So I have spent all my spare time with a hose pipe stuck down the pipe clearing the blockage. Thank goodness the weather was mild. I would not have liked to have done this if it was really cold. Fortunately I eventually managed to clear it. 
  So what gardening job did get done? I cleared the reed bed of leaves and nettles.
   In the animal world all is fine. The hens are laying well again and even had a couple of days when eight eggs (out of 11 hens) were laid. The geese are getting fat, the ducks are being ducks. Soon be time to dispatch the geese.
   Hopefully over the next week I will get out and about doing gardening stuff. You watch the weather will change and it will be cold, wet and miserable and I will once again get nothing done! Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment