Sunday 10 May 2015

Someone stop the grass!

   Days are flying by and more and more needs to be done in the garden and it is not getting done! The grass continues to grow, yes, like grass!
   In the outside garden potatoes are well established despite repeated chicken attacks! The Champion of England peas are up but how long before my feathered beasts find them! I have tomatoes that now need to be transplanted. Summer cabbage has been transplanted, varieties Precoce Louvier and Golden Acre. I have taken a chance and transplanted my Gigante runner beans plants after hardening them off. Unfortunately the chickens took a fancy to them and they now have no leaves. I believe they will recover. The asparagus in the outside bed is doing very well this year and I have had a good number of spears already with the promise of more to come. The long suffering rhubarb now has enough stalks to pick some. I have lots of lettuce all but ready to cut and I think there will be glut. Lettuce soup anyone?
   In the poly tunnel celeriac and celery has been transplanted to pots along with sweet chocolate and orange sweet peppers. The new sowing of coriander has germinated. I continue to sow small amounts of radish. So far my succession planing with the radish is working well! Other seeds have germinated too - La Diva and Wautoma cucumber, Hundredweight pumpkins and sunflowers. It is all go go go!


Asparagus

No comments:

Post a Comment